Friday, August 22, 2008

TS Fay: Day 4

Fay is like those guests who comes to visit and NEVER LEAVES.  In Florida, we are used to those visitors.

Yesterday was the worst for my neighborhood.  Rain was measured in feet not inches.  The wind was gusting and the trees were swaying.

My trip to work yesterday was uneventful, some rain, little wind but no delays.  However, the ride home was, let's say interesting.  Steady rain with windshield wipers on high.  Two hands on the steering wheel as the winds were gusting and both hands were need to keep the truck steady on the road.

I noticed the drainage ditches along I-4 between Winter Park and Maitland were overflowing.  Not a good sign  The drainage ditches on either side of the back roads I travel home were overflowing as well.  The closer I got to home the higher I climbed and less standing water.  I am lucky, very lucky.  I still worry about my oak trees, much more rain might soften the ground.

The weather reports Fay is moving west, finally, at about six miles per hour.  Glad it is moving out of my area but feel bad for these who are in the path.

All schools are closed in Seminole and Orange counties.  That will make my ride to work a little easier.  But that means the girls with small children will bring them into the office.

My mind just can't wrap around the election today.  Too many other things to think abut.



"We cannot go forward until Florida and Michigan are taken care of, otherwise the eventual nominee will not have the legitimacy that I think will haunt us. I can imagine the ads the Republican Party and John McCain will run if we don't figure out how we can count the votes in Michigan and Florida."
Hillary Clinton

No comments:

Post a Comment