Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Riding out tropical storm Faye

I live in a small town just outside Orlando and am currently waiting to see what this tropical storm, Faye, will do.
From all I have heard, it won't be much more than a nasty summer storm. It will last a little longer but the wind gusts will not be any stronger. At least, let us hope it is not.
Having survived a few hurricanes, many summer storms and a few nor'easters, I think we will come out just fine.
Got some canned goods, filled all my plastic containers with water and put in the freezer. Got gas for my mini grill. Charged my battery pack. Still gotta grind some coffee beans just in case the power goes out. Need to find those darn candles, if I can remember where I put them and matches, hmmm, where are they?
The weather report says it will be east of I4, like they all do, at least so far. That's good for me, I live to the west, so looks like I'll dodge the bullet again. But still have to be vigilant, tornadoes do spin off and have their own mind. Funny, just got warning, tornado watch until 1 AM.

Latest Rasmussen Poll has McCain up by 2 points over BO in Florida. Kentucky poll is showing an 18 point lead for McCain.
I am curious however, why is BO up 4 points in Michigan? Is any one out there from Michigan? If so, can you answer the question?
The LA Times/Bloomberg poll show 80% think John McCain is qualified to be President compared to only 44% for BO.

"We cannot go forward until Florida and Michigan are taken care of, otherwise the eventual nominee will not have the legitimacy that I think will haunt us. I can imagine the ads the Republican Party and John McCain will run if we don't figure out how we can count the votes in Michigan and Florida."
Hillary Clinton

No comments:

Post a Comment