Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Two Johns: John McCain & John Revels

The two men I admire most are named John. John McCain, the man running to be the leader of the free world and John Revels, my grandfather. Both men believe in God, Country and family, but not necessarily in that order.

They also believe that your word is your name and that is all you got in this world. Give your word and there are no excuses for not keeping it, maybe death or not.

Back bout 1906, my grand-pappy went into town to buy some cotton seed for planting, and on the way he run into Robert the banker man. Grand pappy told ole Robert he was on his way to pick up seed but needed to stop by the bank to sign for a loan to tide him over until harvest. Robert looked at grand-pappy and said "John, you don't need to sign no papers, your hand shake is good enough for me". My grand-pappy did have a rep for keeping his word. He passed that down to my mother and she passed it on to me.

I see John McCain the same way. Word given, word kept.

John McCain worked with Senator Feinstein on campaign finance reform to help change election exclusion of the people. Senator McCain bucked his on "money party" to get this important legislation through the House & Senate. When the general election began he opted to take public funds and limit his contributions while obama (who previously said he would take public funds) opted out.

I have not yet found the answer as to exactly where obama's money is coming from. If I go online to contribute to a campaign, I must give my name and other pertinent information which will allow my credit card to be charged or ATM card or my bank account and routing numbers. I have on several occasions contributed so, I know for sure, I have got to give this information. When I go to the FEC website to look-up the contributors for obama, page after page after page is filled with no information about the contributors, just "information requested".

"Rules are not sacred... principles are"

Franklyn D. Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment