Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Let's Talk "Joe the Plumber"

Biden says he doesn't know any plumbers in his neighborhood making $250,000.00 a year.  Course I don't know exactly what income bracket lives in Biden's neighborhood.  So that statement is fair.  Although, Biden's income was $248,459 in 2006, slightly below Joe the plumber but closer than my income.

Now, there are no plumbers living in my neighborhood who make that kind of money.  I live in a very modest neighborhood, incomes under $50,000 a  year.

But, I do know plumbers who do make that amount of money.  /they don't live in my neighborhood because they can afford to live in a larger home.  These plumbers, male and female, own their business and have several locations in the Central Florida area.  They have about 95 employees.  Multiply 95 plumbers times the typical hourly charge per day, double time after hours, weekends and Holidays.  Adds up to a pretty penny or should I say quarter million (that's a low ball estimate).

THINK!
"Rules are not sacred... principles are"

Franklyn D. Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment