Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Aint No Sunshine

I awoke this morning and like always, it was before sunrise. I waited in anticipation for the sun to rise and shine, but the sun did not shine through the heavy, dense clouds.




I have taken the day off to sit in a corner and lick my wounds, like a feline who has been through a grueling cat fight.



I need time to heal. i need time to cry. I need time for quiet reflection.



I am torn. Torn between wonder of how much we, Americans, have progressed since the "civil rights movement" and the disappointment of losing what I considered to be the most important election in my lifetime.



Obama has been compared to JFK and that is one of my biggest concerns. JFK was such a young man, with little experience, we lived through very trying times. During JFK's term, the Berlin wall was built. Let us not forget the debacle of "the bay of pigs:. And yes, the Cuban missile crisis.



Ain't no sunshine, either figuratively or literaly. At least not today.



But in the words of Scarlet, tomorrow is another day.


"Rules are not sacred... principles are"

Franklyn D. Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment